Prof. Doron Naveh
Chen Stern is working on building, design and development of high-quality boron-nitride CVD system.
Michal Poplinger carry out hexagonal boron-nitride crystal growth
Eilam Smolinski specialized in characterization and measurements of boron-nitride crystal.
Our lab specializes in tailoring new materials and their processing for advancing cutting edge technologies. This includes the growth of new layered 2D materials, the modification and tailoring of their properties for device applications, and the processing of novel devices from them. Our research combines synthetic chemistry, device processing, theoretical and computational methodologies. The Naveh group also experts in developing new, advanced electronic and optoelectronic measurements and characterization techniques and the use of advanced methods for processing the acquired data.
Figure 1. A significant heat spreading effect shown by decrease in temperature after integration of graphene in electronic cards. (b) An electronic card with graphene, and (a) an electronic card without graphene.
Figure 2. Graphical illustration of graphene Schottky varactor diode structure with Pd/Al/Ge contacts under light illumination.
Figure 2. (a) Optical micrograph of hybrid graphene−PSBMA device consisting of monolayer graphene partially covered with PSBMA (green region). (b) Poly(sulfobetaine-co-methyl)methacrylate P(SBMA-co-MMA) and its patterning process with electron beam and the resulting shift in chemical potential.
Main Publications in Graphene field:
- Graphene Schottky Varactor Diodes for High-Performance Photodetection
Adi Levi, Moshe Kirshner, Ofer Sinai, Eldad Peretz, Ohad Meshulam, Arnab Ghosh, Noam Gotlib, Chen Stern, Shaofan Yuan, Fengnian Xia and Doron Naveh
ACS Photonics 2019, 6, 8, 1910-1915
- Lithographically Patterned Functional Polymer–Graphene Hybrids for Nanoscale Electronics.
H. Alon, C Stern, M Kirshner, O Sinai, M Wasserman, Ryan Selhorst, Raymond Gasper, Ashwin Ramasubramaniam, Todd Emrick, and Doron Naveh
ACS Nano, 2018, 12 (2), pp 1928–1933
- Growth Mechanisms and Electronic Properties of Vertically Aligned MoS2
C Stern, S Grinvald, M Kirshner, O Sinai, M Oksman, H Alon, OE Meiron, …
Scientific reports 8
- Protective molecular passivation of black phosphorus.
Vlada Artel, Qiushi Guo, Hagai Cohen, Raymond Gasper, Ashwin Ramasubramaniam, Fengnian Xia & Doron Naveh
npj 2D Materials and Applicationsvolume 1, Article number: 6 (2017) .
- Raman scattering and electrical resistance of highly disordered graphene
I. Shlimak, A. Haran, E. Zion, T. Havdala, Yu. Kaganovskii, A. V. Butenko, L. Wolfson, V. Richter, D. Naveh, A. Sharoni, E. Kogan, and M. Kaveh
Phys. Rev. B 91, 045414 – Published 12 January 2015
- Tunable Band Gaps in Bilayer Graphene−BN Heterostructures
Ashwin Ramasubramaniam, Doron Naveh, Elias Towe
Nano letters 11 (3) 1070-1075
- Carrier-induced antiferromagnet of graphene islands embedded in hexagonal boron nitride. Ashwin Ramasubramaniam, Doron Naveh
PHYSICAL REVIEW B 84, 075405 (2011)
- Vapour transport deposition of fluorographene oxide films and electro-optical device applications. Rahul Sharma, Vlada Artel, Hadas Alon, Adi Levi Doron Naveh, Applied Materials Today 13 (2018): 387-395.
- Laser-induced backward transfer of monolayer graphene. Matthew Praeger, Adi Levi, Doron Naveh, Ioanna Zergioti, Robert W.Eason, Ben Mills. Applied Surface Science (2020): 147488.
Reaserch activities of Doron Naveh’s group in the Graphene consurtium:
- Development and building of a CVD for boron-nitride growth.
- Integration of hBN in printed curcuits and on glass wafers.
- Boro-nitride charicterization, quality test, thermal and dielectric measurments.
- Devolpment of interface processe to wafers.
- Graphene growth on metalization layers on sapphire.
- Graphene transfer to glass mellanox wafer.